Tuesday, August 13, 2013

California's Great America - I'm a Season Pass holder!

Before your next trip to California’s Great America, take a few minutes to read below. If you would like me to add more info on different rides, comment below!
Buy your season pass online! Click here to go to Great America's Website!  
(All pictures were taken from the Great America Website.) 

From the Great America Website ... 
Gold Striker:
If the line is out the front gate, WAIT FOR ANOTHER TIME. You’ll be in line for about an hour to get on the ride if you start the line at the front gate. It is THE BEST THRILL RIDE in the entire park. The speed is amazing and while we only waited in line about 45 mins, it was WELL WORTH IT for the avid Roller Coast Enthusiast.




Xtreme Skyflyer:
Looks like fun, but it’s an extra charge within the park. You get strapped in and pulled HIGH up in the air. You pull the cord to drop … I have seen them around the country but honestly, I would rather jump out of an airplane!


Flight Deck:
This ride used to be Top Gun back when the park was Paramount’s Great America. Since this one is an older ride, it still has some of the “décor” like TV’s positioned to keep you entertained during your wait in line. However, none of them worked. The ride is exhilarating regardless. If you’re really tall or kinda short, this coaster locks in your body bc it’s a stand up, no floor ride. Guys, make sure you remember that and “adjust” accordingly as you get to “ride” a bicycle seat …   



Firefall:
VOLCANOOOOO! This one was a lot of fun! It takes you over the water upside down.




The Grizzly:
<BUZZER!!!> No more. After riding the Gold Striker, The Grizzly is definitely a reminder of the 80’s … It was definitely AWESOME in it’s day … but those days are OVER.




Demon:
No thanks. I’m good now. I won’t be riding again unless I need a really gnarly headache and possible bruises on my temples.

Loggers Run: Seriously? It’s awesome. It’s fun, it’s simple, lines aren’t usually too long and when it’s hot it’s PERFECT. It’s an absolute classic.






Rue le Dodge:
Who doesn’t love silly fun in bumper cars?






Celebration Swings: 
I can't help myself. Whenever I see swings, I want to swing. Case CLOSED. 






Delta Flier/Eagle's Flight: 
When your feet are tired, and you still have to walk the entire length of the park to meet someone, or just LEAVE for the day, the Delta Flier/Eagle's Flight is perfect. I love the look from above and having the chance to people watch like I'm some kind of Eagle myself. SQUAWK SQUAWK people!  


H.M.B. Endeavor: 
So my eldest son was BEGGING AND BEGGING to go on this ride. So I did. Reluctantly. It hangs upside down for a good 8 seconds. And what do you hear? Change, phones, sunglasses ... falling out of peoples pockets, off their heads and honestly, I find that pretty amusing. What wasn't amusing? Trying to get out from under the bar that holds you in and straightening my spine after being held down so hard I could hardly breathe by the end. Yeah, that's one for the history books kids. Mom is NEVER riding this one again. 


Fast Lane … Worth the extra $40?
If you’re going to go on a weekend, YES. Even just for the Gold Striker alone. SOOOO WORTH IT. I have had to watch too many Fast Laner’s get on the rides in front of me that the jealously factor was in high gear. It makes sense for so many people. But I would just rather go on a week night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment